Magna-Thomson International Movers is a division of The Laser Transport Group (Pty) Ltd, a licensed Financial Services Provider FSP 9364 which, in terms of the FAIS Act of 2002, is entitled to operate in an intermediary services capacity in short-term insurance. The insurance cover is underwritten by Centriq Insurance Company Limited FSP 3417.
Download a Form
- ● International Insurance Application Form
- ● Domestic Insurance Application Form
- ● Office Moves application form
Please print out and complete the forms above, then fax it back to the branch dealing with your move.
Click Here for details of your Nearest Branch.
At Magna-Thomson International home removals we know that even the smallest move can contain goods that are invaluable and irreplaceable. Whilst we take the greatest care in handling and resources / useful links section, you will find websites that provide you with prices which are relevant to your country of arrival. You may use these links to define the replacement value of your goods and to insure them appropriately. Please note that we offer you excellent rates and cover. Our consultants will be pleased to advise you of the insurance for your goods. Feel free to speak to your insurance administrator about this or contact us now.
Should you wish to arrange your own insurance cover, we urge you study the details of the policy with care so as to avoid any disappointment. Please note that a householder’s policy cover might differ significantly from the comprehensive transit cover which we offer.
Insurance: Valuing your Goods for International Transportation
We understand that this is never an easy task where sentimental value is concerned, but please take note of our suggestions on each of the following key points:
Be aware of the following:
- All Risks Insurance: We offer this cover to most destinations but there can be ‘piracy’ or ‘war risks’ surcharges
- Restricted Conditions: Total Loss of or damage to the subject-matter insured only reasonably attributable to fire or explosion; vessel or craft being stranded, grounded, sunk or capsized, overturning or derailment of land conveyance; collision or contact of vessel craft or conveyance with any external object other than water; discharge of cargo at a port of distress;
- Terms and Conditions / Exclusions.
Be sure to carefully read the terms and conditions of the policy: even the most comprehensive All Risks’ policies have certain exclusions. Three of the more common exclusions to the normal cover are:
- Mechanical or electronic derangement: Most policies will not pay out for repairs to an electrical appliance if there is no evidence of external damage;
- Mould and Mildew: Most policies will not pay out this type of damage caused by damp when there is no clear evidence of water penetration into the container.
- Pairs & Sets Clause: If one item – of a pair, for example – is damaged, the policy will only pay out for repair to or replacement of the one item.